To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Steinhofer, Rachel K.
- Phone: 260.423.8832
- Fax: 260.423.8920
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A skilled attorney with Barrett McNagny, Rachel Steinhofer represents clients in the employment arena, defending employers against claims involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Indiana Wage Payment Statute, the Indiana Wage Claims Statute, and the Indiana Workers' Compensation Act. In addition, Rachel interacts with administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), on behalf of clients.
Rachel also has experience in working with employers to educate them on union avoidance and how to manage unionization efforts. She has assisted with representing businesses during union negotiations and strike activity
- Selected for inclusion in the 2023 Best Lawyers® in America publication in the area of Litigation- Labor and Employment.
- Selected since 2018 as a "Rising Star" by the Indiana Super Lawyers© publication.
- Frequent presenter at state and local associations on legal topics, including the "Workplace Survival Guide" and "Finding Free Legal Research Sites and Free Case Law."
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Member, Fort Wayne Children's Zoo Board of Directors
- Member, Canterbury School Board of Trustees
- Member, Human Resources Committee for the Community Foundation
- Member, Mental Health America of Northeast Indiana Board of Directors
- Secretary, 2020- 2022
- President, 2022-2023
- Former Member, McMillen Health Board of Directors
- Secretary, 2020-2021
- President, 2018-2020
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- "Reasonable Accommodation" and "Interactive Process" Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) vs. the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
- What should your company's internet usage policy include?
- B.A., DePauw University
- J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Paralegal: Danielle Southerland
Legal Assistant: Lisa M. Williams