To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Pat Murphy has spent his career in litigation. He is an experienced trial attorney whose practice is focused on representing businesses in commercial, business, and intellectual property litigation. His diverse experience includes handling matters involving contract disputes, non-competition and non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, real estate, adverse possession, easements, boundary disputes, property law, construction, intellectual property disputes, trademark and copyright infringement, trade secrets, unfair competition, injunctions, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, product liability, riparian rights litigation, insurance defense, disputes between owners of closely held businesses, and bet-the-company litigation. Pat has been lead counsel on more than 100 jury trials and more than 1,000 arbitrations, mediations, depositions, and hearings.
- AV® Preeminent™* rated attorney based on Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings.
- Listed since 2018 in the Best Lawyers in America® publication.
- Listed since 2014 in the Indiana Super Lawyers® publication.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2022 Best Lawyers in America® publication as a "Lawyer of the Year", Fort Wayne in the area of Litigation-Insurance.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Fellowship, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel Institute
- Member, Litigation Counsel of America.
- Volunteer, Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana
- Member, Mastodon Athletic Advisory Board
- Member, The Redemption House Board of Directors
- Former Member, Community Harvest Food Bank Board of Directors
- Former Member, Embassy Theatre Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Adjunct Professor, Purdue Fort Wayne
- Former Guest Lecturer, MBA Program, University of Saint Francis
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Real Estate Disclosure Form: Can Filling Out a Residential Real Estate Disclosure Form Subject a Seller to Liability for Fraud?
- Can an injunction solve problems in a family business?
- B.S., Business, Indiana University
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law
* AV® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.