To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Marcus A. Heminger concentrates his practice in the areas of securities law, capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and business law and corporate governance. His experience includes advising executive management teams and public and private boards, corporate transactions, private and registered public securities offerings, SEC reporting compliance, and NYSE and NASDAQ regulatory compliance.
Prior to returning to Fort Wayne and joining Barrett McNagny, Marcus spent more than five years working at one of New York's largest law firms, where he gained valuable experience with the firm's Capital Markets Group. His corporate governance and securities law experience also includes drafting and reviewing SEC disclosure documents, including Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports, Current Reports, Proxy Statements, Stock Ownership Disclosures, offering documents and other required filings, and responding to SEC comment letters, exchange and self-regulatory organization inquiries, and Department of Justice investigations. Some of his representative transactions include:
- Initial Public Offerings - $500 million, $295 million, $29 million
- Common Stock - $190 million, $130 million
- Preferred Stock - $94 million, $60 million, $50 million, $48 million, $43 million, $41 million, $36 million, $29 million, $22 million, $16 million
- Depositary Shares - $500 million, $100 million
- Senior Notes - $2.25 billion, $1.2 billion, $1 billion, $700 million, $500 million, $500 million, $500 million, $500 million, $400 million, $300 million, $135 million, $115 million
- Guaranteed Notes - $500 million, $500 million
- Convertible Notes - $200 million, $135 million, $1.5 million
- Medium Term Notes - $18 billion program with various takedowns, $3 billion program with initial $1 billion takedown, $3 billion program with various takedowns, $2 billion takedown, AUD $1 billion takedown
- Tender Offers and Exchange Offers - $1.2 billion, $400 million
- At-The-Market Equity Offering Programs - $300 million, $170 million, $125 million
- Stock and Asset Acquisitions - $1.625 billion, $115 million, $45 million, $7 million
- Stock and Asset Dispositions - $35 million, $10 million
A Fort Wayne native, Marcus graduated from Snider High School, attended Purdue University where he received his B.S. in Management with a Minor in Finance and obtained his J.D. from Cornell Law School. He is a 2016 graduate of Greater Fort Wayne Inc.'s Leadership Fort Wayne program. Marcus is admitted to practice law in the states of Indiana and New York and before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.