To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Cohen, H. Joseph
- Phone: 260.423.8861
- Fax: 260.423.8920
- Email: email@example.com
H. Joseph Cohen works with clients in the areas of labor and employment matters and litigation including insurance defense. Concentrating on health care providers, his practice works with hospitals, physician offices, dentists, and doctors on their employment law needs. He has extensive experience in defending all types of employment claims, including those based on race, sex, national origin, religion, and sexual harassment. His experience also includes handling insurance defense claims.
- AV Preeminent™ rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings.
- Listed since 2021 in the Best Lawyers® in America publications in the areas of labor law- management, employment law- management and health care law.
- Recipient of the 2021 Monsignor Thiele Award for his work with the United Way of Allen County.
- Recipient of the Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly "40 Under 40" award.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Allen County Bar
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Hope's Harbor (formerly the Mad Anthonys Children's Hope House) Board of Directors
- President, 2022; Vice-president, 2021
- Member, Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana Board of Directors
- Board Chair, 2021
- Former member, United Way of Allen County Board of Directors
- Appointed to the Indiana University - Fort Wayne School of Nursing External Advisory Board.
- He has presented more than 100 lectures/seminars to statewide and local audiences on various labor and employment topics.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- B.S., Law and Public Policy, Indiana University, Bloomington
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis
Legal Assistant: Lisa M. Williams
Paralegal: Danielle A. Southerland
* AV® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.