To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
William Ramsey represents clients on appeals, defends medical malpractice and general liability claims, and litigates business and commercial matters, including disputes related to copyright and trademark rights. He also represents corporate and professional clients with licensing and compliance issues. He has jury trial experience and has appeared before the Indiana Court of Appeals, Indiana Tax Court, and the Indiana Supreme Court for oral arguments.
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® publication since 2018 in the areas of medical malpractice law- defendants and professional malpractice law- defendants.
- Recognized in the 2021 Best Lawyers in America® publication as "Lawyer of the Year", Fort Wayne for medical malpractice law - defendants.
- AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell based on their peer review ratings.
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers© publication since 2017 in the area of litigation.
- Selected several times as a “Rising Star” in the Indiana Super Lawyers© publication.
- Included as a “Top Lawyer” in the Fort Wayne Monthly publication.
- Past recipient of a first and second place Harrison Legal Writing Award from the Indiana State Bar Association.
- Named by Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly a Forty Under 40 award recipient.
Publications and Seminars
- Frequent speaker at state and local associations on litigation related topics.
- Regular contributor to the Barrett McNagny Appellate Law Blog
- Published in The Appellate Advocate, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana and The Indiana Lawyer.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Allen County County Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Appellate Section
- Member, Civil Litigation Section Executive Committee
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Past Co-Chair, Written Publications Committee
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Member, Science Central Board of Directors
- Member, PBS 39 (Public Broadcasting Station) Board of Directors
- Member, Purdue Fort Wayne English Department’s Advisory Board
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Northern District of Ohio
- Eastern District of Michigan
- B.A., English, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington
AV ® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.