To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Josh has extensive experience in servicing businesses and individuals in all areas of real estate law, including land use, financing, real estate taxation, and government incentives. He regularly represents businesses in matters concerning the purchase, sale, financing, leasing and development of commercial and industrial real estate and the identification and negotiation of state, regional and local government-based economic development incentives in connection with such projects. Josh has appeared before county boards of zoning appeals and plan commissions in connection with land use and development matters, including rezoning requests, development plans, and variances. He also works with various local, regional, and state development agencies with respect to securing federal and state tax credit funding.
Representative transactions include:
- Representation of developers of multi-family apartment complex in site acquisition, zoning, tax incentives, and financing matters;
- Representation of developers of single family residential housing development in connection with site acquisition, zoning, and development matters;
- Representation of landlords and tenants in connection with the negotiation and drafting of commercial real estate leases for space in shopping centers, multi-tenant office buildings, and industrial properties;
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of commercial and industrial real estate, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey review, and related due diligence matters;
- Representation of clients in tax-free exchanges of real estate, including reverse like-kind exchanges;
- Representation of taxpayers in connection with appeals of the assessed value of real estate and personal property, including proceedings before local property tax assessment boards of appeal, the Indiana Board of Tax Review, and the Indiana Tax Court.
Josh has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® publication since 2019 in the areas of real estate law and land use and zoning law. He is a member of the board of directors for Brightpoint. He previously served as a member of the boards of directors for the Community Transportation Network, the Fort Wayne Civic Theatre, the Allen County Bar Association, the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir, the Fort Wayne Golf Association, and the Home Builders Association of Fort Wayne. Josh was also a member of the inaugural class of the Indiana State Bar Association’s Leadership Development Academy and is a graduate of Greater Fort Wayne’s Leadership Fort Wayne program.
Josh earned his B.S., Political Science, cum laude, in 1999 from the University of Indianapolis, and his J.D., magna cum laude, in 2002 from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law. He is admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. Josh has presented on a number of real estate topics for various organizations, including the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum’s 38th Annual Judge Robert H. Staton Indiana Law Update.