To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Neal, Joshua C.
- Phone: 260.423.8935
- Fax: 260.423.8920
- Email: email@example.com
Josh has extensive experience in servicing businesses and individuals in all areas of real estate law, including land use, financing, real estate taxation, and government incentives. He regularly represents businesses in matters concerning the purchase, sale, financing, leasing and development of commercial and industrial real estate and the identification and negotiation of state, regional and local government-based economic development incentives in connection with such projects. Josh has appeared before county boards of zoning appeals and plan commissions in connection with land use and development matters, including rezoning requests, development plans, and variances. He also works with various local, regional, and state development agencies with respect to securing federal and state tax credit funding.
Representative transactions include:
- Representation of developers of multi-family apartment complex in site acquisition, zoning, tax incentives, and financing matters;
- Representation of developers of single family residential housing development in connection with site acquisition, zoning, and development matters;
- Representation of landlords and tenants in connection with the negotiation and drafting of commercial real estate leases for space in shopping centers, multi-tenant office buildings, and industrial properties;
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of commercial and industrial real estate, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey review, and related due diligence matters;
- Representation of clients in tax-free exchanges of real estate, including reverse like-kind exchanges;
- Representation of taxpayers in connection with appeals of the assessed value of real estate and personal property, including proceedings before local property tax assessment boards of appeal, the Indiana Board of Tax Review, and the Indiana Tax Court.
- Selected for inclusion since 2019 The Best Lawyers in America® publication areas of real estate law and land use and zoning law.
- Recognized as the Fort Wayne "Lawyer of the Year" in the 2020 The Best Lawyers in America® publication in the area land use and zoning law.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association’s Leadership Development Academy Inaugural Class
- Graduate, Greater Fort Wayne’s Leadership Fort Wayne Program
- Former Member of the boards of directors for:
- Community Transportation;
- Fort Wayne Civic Theatre;
- Allen County Bar Association;
- Fort Wayne Children’s Choir;
- Fort Wayne Golf Association; and the
- Home Builders Association of Fort Wayne.
- Josh has presented on a number of real estate topics for various organizations, including Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum’s 38th Annual Judge Robert H. Staton Indiana Law Update.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- B.S., Political Science, cum laude, University of Indianapolis
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
Legal Assistant: Kay E. Cummings