To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
James O’Connor represents businesses, insurers, and individuals in matters ranging from jury trials, and contractors or employment disputes, to cyber security and data breach response, and Name, Image and Likeness consultations. He is a registered civil mediator with extensive experience.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2021 Best Lawyers in America® publication in the area of labor law-management.
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® publication.
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by the Indiana Super Lawyers® publication for the years 2011, 2014, and 2015.
- Selected as a “Future 40 Under 40” award recipient from Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly.
- AV® Preeminent* rated attorney based on Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review ratings.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Current or former member of the following organizations:
- Allen County Judicial Nominating Commission,
- Benjamin Harrison chapter of the American Inns of Court,
- Allen County Bar Association,
- Indiana State Bar Association,
- Defense Research Institute, and the
- Mad Anthony’s Children’s Foundation.
- Member, Purdue Fort Wayne’s Mastodons Athletics Advisory Board and the Purdue Fort Wayne Community Engagement Board
- Member, Northeast Indiana Base Community Council
- Supports U.S. military bases and armories in the 11-county region of northeast Indiana.
- Presents at local, statewide and national seminars on topics, including:
- Employment law policies,
- Cyber security protection,
- Data breach response,
- Worker’s compensation matters,
- Alternative dispute resolution, and
- College Student Athlete’s Name, Image and Likeness.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Licensed by the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) as a player representative/agent.
- Licensed by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) as a player representative/agent.
- B.A., Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta
- J.D., Loyola University College of Law, New Orleans
* AV® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her with a high level of professional excellence.