To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
James O’Connor’s employment law practice includes negotiating executive employment agreements, litigating discrimination claims and claims against company directors or officers, and consulting on issues involving cybersecurity issues and data breach response. He provides Student Athlete Name, Image and Likeness compliance education, and he has 10+ years of experience negotiating resolutions as a registered civil mediator.
- Selected for inclusion since 2021 in the Best Lawyers in America® publications for labor law-management.
- Selected for inclusion in the Indiana Super Lawyers® publication (2018).
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by the Indiana Super Lawyers® publication (2011, 2014, 2015).
- AV® Preeminent* rated attorney based on Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review ratings since 2016.
- Selected as a “Future 40 Under 40” award recipient from Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Current or former member of the following organizations:
- Allen County Judicial Nominating Commission,
- Benjamin Harrison chapter of the American Inns of Court,
- Allen County Bar Association,
- Indiana State Bar Association,
- Defense Research Institute, and the
- Member, Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons Athletics Advisory Board
- Member, Purdue Fort Wayne Community Engagement Board
- Member, Northeast Indiana Base Community Council Board of Directors
- Supports U.S. military bases and armories in the 11-county region of northeast Indiana.
- Member, Mad Anthony's Children's Foundation
- Presents at local, statewide and national seminars on topics, including:
- Employment law policies,
- Cyber security protection,
- Data breach response,
- Worker’s compensation matters,
- Alternative dispute resolution, and
- College Student Athlete’s Name, Image and Likeness.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Licensed by the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) as a player representative/agent.
- Licensed by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) as a player representative/agent.
- License (pending) by the Womens National Basketball Players Association (WNBPA) as a player representative/agent.
- B.A., Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta
J.D., Loyola University College of Law, New Orleans
* AV® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her with a high level of professional excellence.