To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
David Steiner focuses his practice on transactional work for businesses and individuals, primarily real estate transactions, specializing in environmentally impacted real estate, brownfields redevelopment, and tax-free exchanges, as well as business transactions involving formation, acquisitions, sales, and contracts.
Throughout his career, David has represented clients in acquiring, selling and leasing real estate across the Midwest and Southeast. He regularly represents purchasers, sellers and lenders in transactions involving environmentally impacted commercial properties. These representations include all aspects of real estate due diligence including environmental risk assessment, land use, title insurance, survey and mortgage financing matters. In addition, David has represented business and individuals in negotiating and resolving environmental claims with state and federal regulators and in negotiating and settling environmental insurance claims.
- AV® PreeminentTM”* rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell based on their peer review ratings.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2022 Best Lawyers in America® publication in the area of corporate law, environmental law and real estate.
- Authored paper titled "Trends in Industry in Allen County" for the Quest Club of Fort Wayne.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Member, Christian Legal Society
- Member, Quest Club
- Chair, Membership Committee.
- Member, Headwaters Park Alliance Board of Directors
- Member, The Fellowship of Evangelical Churches Legacy Fund, Inc. Board of Directors
- Volunteer attorney, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
- Counsel, The Friends of the Parks of Allen County, Inc.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude, Taylor University, Upland, Indiana
- J.D., cum laude, Indiana University, Bloomington
* AV® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.