To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
With nearly two decades of experience, Emily approaches issues in a practical and compassionate manner for clients. In her domestic and family law practice, Emily Szaferski concentrates on dissolutions, adoptions, paternity matters, custody disputes, child support issues, and guardianships. She handles various types of adoptions including private, agency and foster adoptions, adoptions that involve the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children, and the finalization of international adoptions.
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® publication in 2021 in the area of family law.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Family Law Section's Executive Committee
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, American Citizenship Committee, 2014
- Member, Bill Lewis Center for Children Board of Directors
- 2021 Celebrity Dancer, The Carriage House Dancing with the Fort Wayne Stars Fundraiser
- Former member of the boards of directors for:
- Martin Luther King Montessori School, and
- Fort Wayne Sports Corporation.
- Recognized by the local chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for her activity as:
- Leadership Committee Member,
- One of three “Women of the Year” in 2013, and an
- All-Star for the 2020 Man and Woman of the Year national program.
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- B.S., Accounting, and B.A., Business Administration, University of Saint Francis
- Four year scholarship basketball player
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis
- Her hobby is cheering on her two sons who are active in Team Focus Basketball and playing soccer at the Fort Wayne Sport Club.