To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Shrader, Cathleen M.
- Phone: 260.423.8921
- Fax: 260.423.8920
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Focusing on appellate practice and complex business litigation, Cathleen Shrader has extensive experience in civil litigation. She is experienced in representing clients at all levels of the appellate process; businesses in contract, warranty, intellectual property, and other disputes; and trustees, beneficiaries, and personal representatives in complex estate and trust disputes.
- Listed since 2012 in the Best Lawyers in America® publication for Appellate Practice and Commercial Litigation
- Listed since 2013 in the Indiana Super Lawyers® publication for Business Litigation.
- AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell based on its peer review and judicial ratings.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Appointed in 2010 by the Indiana Supreme Court to the ten-member Indiana State Board of Law Examiners and is currently in her third term which ends in December 2022.
- President of the board from 2016 to 2019.
- Served as vice president and board secretary.
- The Board of Law Examiners is responsible for the licensing of attorneys in the state of Indiana.
- Appointed in 2019 to serve on the Indiana Supreme Court's Study Commission on the Future of the Indiana Bar Exam.
- Served as a member of the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination Committee (MPRE) of the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) from 2018-2020.
- Committee charged with working closely with NCBE staff to perpetuate and develop policies intended to assure the psychometric reliability, validity, and security of the MPRE.
- Member of the Multistate Essay Examination (MEE) /Multistate Performance Test (MPT) Committee of the National Conference of Bar Examiners since 2020.
- Committee responsible for policy issues related to preparing essay examinations and performance tests offered for use by state bar admission authorities (including Indiana), as well as for external review of test items.
- Representative of the Indiana State Bar Association on the nonpartisan Indiana Debate Commission since 2010.
- Vice-president of the Commission.
- The commission is the oldest incorporated and independent debate group in the nation which is dedicated to promoting state-wide political debates in Indiana.
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Chaired the ISBA's Appellate Practice Section from 2006-2007.
- Vice-chair of the ISBA's Lawyer Advertising Rules Committee from 2017-2019.
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Former chair, Appellate Practice Section
- Member, American Inns of Court, Benjamin Harrison Chapter
- Former president
- Member, Amicus Committee of the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Sixth, Seventh, and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Western District of Michigan
- B.S., Business Economics, cum laude, Indiana University School of Business
- J.D., Duke University
- Research Editor, Duke Law Journal
Legal Assistant: Rebecca L. McIntire
AV ® Preeminent™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.