215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Law
Consumer Financial Services
E-Commerce Transaction Law
Employee Benefits Law
Estate Planning & Administration
Health Care Law
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Relations
Real Estate Law
Worker's Compensation Law
The News With John
Barrett & McNagny LLP is proud to announce the firm attorneys who were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 in their respective practice areas.
Barrett & McNagny LLP has announced that its legal alliance, TAGLaw®, has been recognized as “Elite” in the Chambers Global 2013 rankings guide for legal networks.
Barrett & McNagny LLP is proud to announce it was chosen as the Client Choice winner of the 2013 Corporate Intl Magazine Legal Award for the category of ‘Corporate Law-Law Firm of the Year in Indiana.”
Martin, John P.
- Counsels corporations and other business entities in a variety of business-related transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and related financings
- Counsels corporations and other business entities as to the tax consequences of various transactions
- Admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Represented management in leveraged buyout of plastics automotive and truck supplier
- Buyer`s counsel inasset purchase of all operating assets of a steel mini-mill
- Buyer`s counsel in purchase of all operating assets of a steel processing plant.
- Represented landlord and investor in connection with large purchase of assets of business out of bankruptcy
- Martindale-Hubbell`s top "AV® Preeminent TM" Peer Review Rating*
- Numerous seminars presented for Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum
- Author and speaker, Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council
- Speaker, "How to Start a Business" Course, Indiana University-Purdue University at Fort Wayne
- Speaker, "How to Start a Business" Course, Tri-State College
- Numerous seminars presented at Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce
- Speaker, "How to Start a Successful Business," Entrepreneur`s Alliance of Northeast Indiana
- Bar Activities:
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Past member of Board of Directors, Entrepreneur`s Alliance of Northeast Indiana
- Past member of Board of Directors, Boys & Girls Club
- Past member of Board of Directors, Leadership Fort Wayne
- Volunteer, United Way
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- Indiana University School of Law (J.D., 1978)
- Indiana University (A.B., Political Science, 1975)
* AV® Preeminent ™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.