215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Law
Consumer Financial Services
E-Commerce Transaction Law
Employee Benefits Law
Estate Planning & Administration
Health Care Law
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Relations
Real Estate Law
Tax Law & Taxation
Worker's Compensation Law
The News With Joseph
Barrett & McNagny LLP has announced that its legal alliance, TAGLaw®, has been recognized as “Elite” in the Chambers Global 2013 rankings guide for legal networks.
The U.S. Department of Homeland security has posted the new I-9 form that will be required to be used on and after May 7, 2013.
The D.C. Circuit vacated a controversial NLRB rule requiring employers to notify employees of their rights under the NLRA, upholding a challenge brought by several employer groups.
Cohen, H. Joseph
- Employment and Labor experience in matters involving the National Labor Relations Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination In Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, including discrimination and harassment
- Insurance Defense practice concentrating in the areas of bodily injury, worker`s compensation, alternative dispute resolution, and coverage issues
- Admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits, the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Extensive experience in defending all types of employment claims brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Indiana Civil Rights Commission, Department of Labor and in the federal courts including, but not limited to, defense of claims based on The Americans With Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination In Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, claims based on race, sex, national origin, religion and sexual harassment.
- Extensive experience advising employers of all sizes in all aspects of employment and labor matters involving employee handbooks, personnel decisions, hiring/firing, labor arbitrations, investigations, wage and hours issues, EEOC, NLRB proceedings and enforcement of non-compete agreements.
- Martindale-Hubbell`s "AV® Preeminent TM" Peer Review Rating*
- Presented more than 100 lectures and/or seminars at the state and local level for the National Business Institute, Council on Education in Management, Lorman Educational Services, Sterling Education Services, and the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana on various labor and employment topics
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Past President, Labor Law Section
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Neighborhood Health Clinics (2006-current), (President,2010-2012); Treasurer, (2008-2009);
- Board of Directors, United Way of Allen County (2012-current)
- Board of Directors, Science Central (2009-current)
- Board of Directors, Easter Seals/ARC (2013-current)
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana; Past President (2010); President, (2007-2009); Vice President (2004 - 2006)
- Board of Directors, Orchard Ridge Country Club (2005)
- Board of Directors, Fort Wayne Civic Theatre (1999 - 2005)
- Recipient, 40 under 40 Award, Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly (2010)
- Business Mentor, Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce Business Mentoring Program
- President, Glens of Bitterseet Neighborhood Association (2010-current)
- Advisor to the Board of Directors, Temple Achduth Vesholom Congregation (2000-current)
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis (J.D., 1996)
- Indiana Law Review (1994-96)
- Indiana University, Bloomington (B.S., Law and Public Policy, 1992)
* AV® Preeminent TM is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer`s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.