215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
Consumer Financial Services
Estate Planning & Administration
Labor & Employment Relations
O`Connor, James J.
While litigation is certainly one option to resolving disputes, it may not the right answer in every case. I prefer to think of what I do as “advanced problem solving” with the client. We will discuss your options, plan a cost-effective solution; and should the need to litigate develop, we will proceed accordingly.
- Represents businesses and insurers in these areas:
- Contract Disputes
- Insurance Litigation, Coverage Analysis & Examinations Under Oath
- Workers Compensation Hearings
- Employee Benefits Plan Litigation- ERISA
- Probate and Estate Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- OSHA Claims
- Employment practices
- Experience as advocate in Jury Trials, Mediations and Arbitrations.
- Registered Civil Mediator with extensive experience
- Admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts, and the United States Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
- Member, Allen County Judicial Nominating Commission
- Recognized as a Rising Star in the 2011 Indiana Super Lawyers publication
- Member, American Inns of Court, Benjamin Harrison Chapter
- Former Member, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Contributing Author, Insurance Coverage: Ground Water Cleanup, The Indiana Lawyer
- Speaker, Workers Compensation Update, Council on Education (2006)
- Speaker, Work Comp Legal Update, Indiana Association of Occupational Health Nurses (2004)
- Speaker, Compensability Issues in Work Comp Cases, American Society of Safety Engineers, Anthony Wayne Chapter (2004)
- Speaker, Anatomy of a Worker`s Compensation Claim (2003)
- Speaker, An Overview of Copyright and Ethical Implications of Internet File Sharing on the Music Industry (2003)
- Finance Committee Chair, Aldersgate United Methodist Church (2012-present)
- Finance Committee Member, Aldersgate United Methodist Church (2010-current)
- Former Member, Allen County SPCA, Board of Directors and Animal Care Committee (2007-2008)
- "Future 40 Under 40" Award Recipient (2007)
- Leadership Fort Wayne, Graduate (2006)
- Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana Leadership Institute, Graduate (2006)
- Adjunct Professor, Paralegal Studies, Ivy Tech Community College (2002 -2004)
- Speaker, "Ask Me What`s Great About America" program (2002, 2003)
- Consultant, Junior Achievement (2002)
- Loyola University College of Law, New Orleans, LA (J.D., 2001)
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA (B.A. Psychology, 1997)
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.