215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Law
Consumer Financial Services
Corporate and Business Law
E-Commerce Transaction Law
Employee Benefits Law
Estate Planning & Administration
Health Care Law
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Relations
Real Estate Law
Tax Law & Taxation
Worker's Compensation Law
The News With James
Barrett & McNagny attorneys were recognized in Fort Wayne Monthly as Top Lawyers.
Barrett & McNagny LLP is proud to announce its listing in Indiana Super Lawyers for 2014.
Barrett & McNagny LLP has announced that its legal alliance, TAGLaw®, has been recognized as “Elite” in the Chambers Global 2013 rankings guide for legal networks.
The D.C. Circuit vacated a controversial NLRB rule requiring employers to notify employees of their rights under the NLRA, upholding a challenge brought by several employer groups.
O`Connor, James J.
Litigation is one option to resolving disputes; but, it may not the right answer in every case. I prefer to think of what I do as “advanced problem solving” with the client. We will discuss your options; plan a cost-effective solution; and should the need to litigate develop, we will proceed accordingly.
- Represents businesses, insurers and individuals in these areas:
- Contract Disputes
- Insurance Litigation, Coverage Analysis & Examinations Under Oath
- Workers Compensation
- Employment Practices & HR Investigations
- Probate & Estate Litigation
- Employee Benefits Plan Litigation- ERISA
- Experience as advocate in Jury Trials, Mediations and Arbitrations.
- Registered Civil Mediator with extensive experience.
- Admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts, and the United States Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
- President, Allen County Bar Association- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section (2014)
- Member, Allen County Judicial Nominating Commission
- Member, American Inns of Court, Benjamin Harrison Chapter
- Former Member, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Member, Allen County and Indiana State Bar Associations
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Finance Committee Chair, Aldersgate United Methodist Church (2012-present)
- Finance Committee Member, Aldersgate United Methodist Church (2010-current)
- Former Member, Allen County SPCA, Board of Directors and Animal Care Committee (2007-2008)
- "Future 40 Under 40" Award Recipient (2007)
- Leadership Fort Wayne, Graduate (2006)
- Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana Leadership Institute, Graduate (2006)
- Adjunct Professor, Paralegal Studies, Ivy Tech Community College (2002 -2004)
- Speaker, "Ask Me What`s Great About America" program (2002, 2003)
- Consultant, Junior Achievement (2002)
- Loyola University College of Law, New Orleans, LA (J.D., 2001)
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA (B.A. Psychology, 1997)
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.