215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Law
Consumer Financial Services
Corporate and Business Law
E-Commerce Transaction Law
Employee Benefits Law
Estate Planning & Administration
Health Care Law
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Relations
Real Estate Law
Tax Law & Taxation
Worker's Compensation Law
The News With Anthony
Barrett & McNagny attorneys were recognized in Fort Wayne Monthly as Top Lawyers.
Barrett & McNagny attorneys are recognized in the 2014 Super Lawyers Business Edition.
Barrett & McNagny LLP is proud to announce its listing in Indiana Super Lawyers for 2014.
Barrett & McNagny and Managing Partner, Anthony Stites, were featured in the June issue of Business People magazine for an article about workplace fitness facilities.
Barrett & McNagny LLP has announced that its legal alliance, TAGLaw®, has been recognized as “Elite” in the Chambers Global 2013 rankings guide for legal networks.
The U.S. Department of Homeland security has posted the new I-9 form that will be required to be used on and after May 7, 2013.
The D.C. Circuit vacated a controversial NLRB rule requiring employers to notify employees of their rights under the NLRA, upholding a challenge brought by several employer groups.
The August 2012 issue of Fort Wayne Monthly listed nine attorneys from Barrett & McNagny LLP in its Top Lawyers Listing.
Stites, Anthony M.
- Represent business entities in handling all facets of their employment matters, including contract negotiations, labor arbitrations, NLRB proceedings, discrimination charges and suits, and worker’s compensation claims. Works on a daily basis with human resource personnel and in-house counsel to solve and prevent problems in the employment arena. Clients assisted on a regular basis include Towne Air Freight, LLC, Ashley Industrial Molding, Key Fasteners, Steel Dynamics Inc., OmniSource Corp. and Colwell General, Inc.
- Admitted to practice before Indiana state courts, United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, Ohio state courts, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Mediator, Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Presented hundreds of supervisor training sessions throughout the United States.
- Emphasis in the transportation and manufacturing sector including extensive practice and representation of business entities with Union workers.
- Extensive strike activity experience, including defending unfair labor practices and 10j injunction. Defended hundreds of unemployment claims by striking workers, handled contempt charges brought against individuals and local Unions. Handled litigation to cease property destruction at the striked facilities and the physical threat of harm to management individuals and temporary replacement workers
- Extensive trial experience defending employers in all areas of employment matters, including a Seventh Circuit case regarding FMLA (Diaz vs. Ft. Wayne Foundry Corp., 131 F.3d 711 [Seventh Circuit, 1997])
SELECTED REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Represented a regional corporation in the termination of their President, who was believed to have been mishandling company assets.
- Defended drug testing policy of a company through a federal jury trial.
- Represented numerous manufacturing facilities during downsizing negotiations with Unions.
- Partnered with clients to handle Union election campaigns in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota and Michigan; and decertification elections in Ohio and Indiana.
- Presented more than 150 speeches and/or seminars ranging from local seminars for the National Business Institute, and the Counsel on Education in Management, to participating in nationwide seminars including the Defense Research Institute’s Seminar on Litigation
- Martindale-Hubbell’s “AV® Preeminent ™” Peer Review Rating*
- Member, Allen County, Indiana and Ohio Bar Associations
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Executive Committee, Secretary
- Fellow, Indiana Bar Foundation
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers in America for Labor & Employment Law in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2014
- Board Member, Hope House (2009-current)
- Fort Wayne Mad Anthony Member (2007-current)
- Board Member, Blue Jacket, Inc. (2011-current)
- Past Member, Board of Directors, McMillen Center for Health Education (2003-2009); President (2008-2009); Vice-President (2005-2006 & 2007-2008)
- Past Chair, Science Central, Inc. Board of Directors (member, 1994-2009), Executive Board member (1996-2002), Board Member (2007-2009)
- United Way Corporate Campaign Chair (2007-2008)
- East Allen County Schools Strategic Task Force (2008-2009)
- Past Chair, Allen County Bar Association, Labor Section
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 1988)
- University of Toledo (B.B.A., Finance, 1985)
* AV® Preeminent ™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.