215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Law
Consumer Financial Services
Corporate and Business Law
E-Commerce Transaction Law
Employee Benefits Law
Estate Planning & Administration
Health Care Law
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Relations
Real Estate Law
Tax Law & Taxation
Worker's Compensation Law
The News With Kevin
Barrett & McNagny attorneys were recognized in Fort Wayne Monthly as Top Lawyers.
Barrett & McNagny attorneys are recognized in the 2014 Super Lawyers Business Edition.
Barrett & McNagny LLP is proud to announce its listing in Indiana Super Lawyers for 2014.
Barrett & McNagny LLP has announced that its legal alliance, TAGLaw®, has been recognized as “Elite” in the Chambers Global 2013 rankings guide for legal networks.
The August 2012 issue of Fort Wayne Monthly listed nine attorneys from Barrett & McNagny LLP in its Top Lawyers Listing.
Fitzharris, Kevin K.
- A Litigation Practice concentrating in the areas of:
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Product Liability
- Worker`s Compensation
- Media Law
- Admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts, the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
- Represented major litigants in over 30 jury trials
- Represented major litigants in over 60 bench trials
- Represented major litigants in over 350 mediations and arbitrations
- Represented major litigants in over 50 worker`s compensation hearings, including 12 Full Board hearings
- Martindale-Hubbell`s top "AV® Preeminent TM" Peer Review Rating*
- Selected for inclusion in the 2014 Super Lawyers for Civil Litigation: Defense
- Seminars Presented:
- “Anatomy of a Civil Litigation” International Association of Insurance Professionals (October, 2013)
- "Advanced Trial Tactics" (November, 2012)
- "Cross Examination: The Lawyer`s Time to Shine", Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, December 2011
- "Worker`s Compensation Legal Update" (September, 2007)
- "Insurance Coverage in Indiana" (June, 2005)
- "An Update on Worker`s Compensation" (October, 2004; March, 2003)
- "Handling Daubert" (September, 2004)
- "Once Upon a Claim" (September, 2004; August, 1997)
- "Ex Parte Communications" (February, 2004)
- "Ethics in Journalism" (July, 2003)
- "ADR in the International Community" (Heidelberg, Germany, May, 2003)
- "Anatomy of a Civil Litigation" (June, 2013; March, 2003; February, 2001; June, 2000)
- "Controlling Worker`s Compensation Costs" (January, 2003)
- "Permanent Partial Impairment Ratings: An Overview of the 5th Edition Guidelines" (September, 2002; September, 2000)
- "Trials, Tribulations, Evaluations, and Lessons Learned" (December, 2000)
- "Legal Issues in the Health Care Environment: What`s Hot & What`s Not" (June, 2000)
- "The Nuts and Bolts of Worker`s Compensation" (April, 1998; November, 1997)
- "An Adjuster`s Guide to Soft Tissue Injuries of the Back and Neck" (April, 1997)
- "Psychological Claims in the Worker`s Compensation Arena" (April, 1996)
- "Insurer`s Duties: Dealing Fairly and in Good Faith"(April, 1996; January, 1996)
- "Dispute Resolution: A Guide to Successful Negotiations" (May, 1995)
- "A Worker`s Compensation Hearing: When Voluntary Settlement Cannot be Reached" (March, 1995)
- "Alternative Dispute Resolution: What it Means to the Insurance Industry" (April, 1994; May, 1995)
- Lectures Presented:
- "The First Amendment: Freedom of Speech" Taylor University (September, 2000; September, 1999; November, 1995)
- Member, Allen County Bar Association (Vice-Chairperson, Litigation Section, 1995; Co-Chairperson, 2004)
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Christian Legal Society
- Board Member, National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA)
- Board Member, Worker`s Compensation Advisory Board
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- University of Notre Dame (J.D., 1990)
- Purdue University (B.A., with distinction, 1987); Phi-Beta-Kappa
* AV® Preeminent TM is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.