215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
Consumer Financial Services
Estate Planning & Administration
Labor & Employment Relations
Barce, John C.
- Business transactions; federal and state taxation; estate and businesssuccession planning; intellectual property and biotechnology licensing; tax controversies
- Admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court, and United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Martindale-Hubbell’s "AV® Preeminent ™" Peer Review Rating*
- Member, Indiana State Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Taxation Section (Former Chair, 2003-2004)
- Member, Allen County Bar Association
- Business and Corporate Section
- "Pitfalls to Avoid in Business Succession Planning", Fort Wayne Estate Planning Council (May, 2011)
- "Exit Planning, Succession Issues and Tax Matters", Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (October, 2009)
- "Ethical Issues to Consider in Connection with the Sale of a Law Practice", Allen County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education (November, 2006)
- "Family Business Succession Plan Warrants A Custom Solution", BusinessWeek magazine Point-of-Law article (www./point-of-law.com/barrett.asp) July, 2004.
- "Reality Succession Planning", Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (October, 2004).
- "Current Issues Affecting the Use of Limited Liability Companies and Limited Partnerships in Gift and Estate Planning," Indiana State Bar Association Tax Section Meeting (April, 2000).
- "Single-Owner Limited Liability Companies: The New Disregarded Entity," Res Gestae (June, 1998).
- "Planning With Single-Owner Entities," Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (December, 1998).
- "Family Limited Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies - Effective Use in Estate and Succession Planning," Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (April, 1996).
- "Service Issues Guidelines for LLC Classification," Tax Talk, Vo. II, No. 3, Summer 1995, pp. 6-8.
- "Defending Against the Service`s Renewed Audit Emphasis on Accumulated Earnings Tax," Journal of Taxation, Vol. 77, No. 6 December, 1992.
- "Federal Tax Procedure: Audits, Appeals and Collection," (September, 1991).
- "Sales of Assets, Dissolution and Winding Up," R.E. Deer`s Indiana Corporation Law and Practice, Ch. 11 (Prentice Hall, 1990)
- Connection Ministry, Blackhawk Ministries
- Volunteer Attorney, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
- Co-Founder and Director, Neighborlink Fort Wayne Foundation (www.neighborlinknetworkfoundation.org)
- Director, Neighborlink Network Foundation (www.nlfw.org)
- Board of Directors, BCS Foundation, Inc. (Renew Upscale Resale)
- Former Director, A Hope Center (formerly Crisis Pregnancy Center)
- Leadership Fort Wayne Graduate (1989-1999)
- Indiana University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1989)
- Indiana University School of Business (BS with high distinction, 1986)
* AV® Preeminent ™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.