215 East Berry St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use
the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
All Practice Areas
All Practice Areas
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Law
Consumer Financial Services
Corporate and Business Law
E-Commerce Transaction Law
Employee Benefits Law
Estate Planning & Administration
Health Care Law
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Relations
Real Estate Law
Tax Law & Taxation
Worker's Compensation Law
The News With Thomas
Barrett & McNagny LLP has announced that its legal alliance, TAGLaw®, has been recognized as “Elite” in the Chambers Global 2013 rankings guide for legal networks.
The U.S. Department of Homeland security has posted the new I-9 form that will be required to be used on and after May 7, 2013.
The D.C. Circuit vacated a controversial NLRB rule requiring employers to notify employees of their rights under the NLRA, upholding a challenge brought by several employer groups.
Thomas M. Niezer, Josh C. Neal, Thomas M. Fink, Thomas M. Kimbrough and Henry P. Najdeski are featured in various news articles
The August 2012 issue of Fort Wayne Monthly listed nine attorneys from Barrett & McNagny LLP in its Top Lawyers Listing.
Kimbrough, Thomas M.
- Provides counseling and representation to Union and non-Union employers in every aspect of employee relations. Primary emphasis and goal is to resolve disputes, prevent litigation and to counsel clients in avoiding and solving personnel and labor-related problems.
- Exclusively represents, counsels and defends corporations and professional organizations concerning alleged discriminatory employment practices, wage and hour matters, wrongful discharge, occupational safety and health, employee privacy issues, drafting and enforcement of covenants not to compete and confidentiality agreements, employment contracts, Union organizational campaigns, arbitrations, negotiations, and proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board.
Admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts, the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the United State District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuit.
- Over 30 years of experience in defense of discrimination and employment related claims brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Indiana Civil Rights Commission, and in the federal courts including, but not limited to, defense of claims based on The Americans With Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination In Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, claims based on race, sex, national origin and sexual harassment and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
- Extensive experience in assisting employers in preventing or defeating Union organization attempts. This includes conducting employer campaigns once a Union Petition For Certification has been filed.
- Experience in advising employers in contract negotiations, strikes, Union salting and claims brought before the National Labor Relations Board by disgruntled employees and/or Unions.
- Uniroyal Goodrich/Michelin Tire Co.; Leggett & Platt; Lincoln Foodservice Products, Inc.; Brooks Construction; J.O. Mory, Inc.; OmniSource Corporation; Steel Dynamics, Inc.; Pizza Huts of Fort Wayne; Biomet, Inc; L.H. Industries; Mike`s Carwash, Inc.; Schenkel Shultz, Inc.; Interstate Warehousing/Tippmann Group; Federated Media/Pathfinder Communications; State Farm Insurance; Westfield Insurance; and various medical and health care practices.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell`s "AV® Preeminent TM" Peer Review Rating*
- Past Chair, Employment Law Committee, Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- Member, National Council on Litigation Management
- Member, Council of the Labor and Employment Law Section, Indiana State Bar Association
- President of the Board of Directors and Board Member, Parkview Hospital (2012)
- Member of the Board of Directors and Grant Review Committee of the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Withers Foundation
- Member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member, YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
- Past President of the Board of Directors for the Indiana Youth Institute
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the United Way of Allen County
- Member, Labor and Employment and Trial Lawyer`s Section of the Allen County, Indiana State and American Bar Associations
- Frequent lecturer on various labor and employment topics on a local, state, and national level
- Presenter, National Business Institute, Advanced Trial Tactics, November, 29, 2012, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Presenter, 5th Annual Fundamentals of Employment Law Seminar, December 4, 2012, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Panelist, The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce Right to Work Discussion, Jan. 27, 2012
EDUCATION AND HONORS
- Indiana University (J.D., magna cum laude, 1980)
- Indiana University (B.A., 1977)
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Phil M. McNagny, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana (1980-1981)
* AV® Preeminent TM is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
An attorney-client relationship will NOT be formed merely by sending an email to Barrett & McNagny, LLP or to any of its attorneys. Please do not send any information specific to your legal needs until you obtain approval from a Barrett & McNagny, LLP attorney, as the content of such email will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending us an email, you confirm your understanding of this notification. If you agree, you may use the e-mail links on this page to contact an attorney.