To search for an attorney, you can use the Alphabet listing of last names, or use the dropdown below to narrow your search results by Practice Areas.
Jeremy N. Gayed focuses his practice on patent litigation, licensing, and prosecution, as well as trademark services and general intellectual property and commercial litigation. Mr. Gayed handles a broad variety of patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, unfair competition, breach of contract, and ERISA litigation matters.
Mr. Gayed is a member of the Allen County Bar Association and the Indiana State Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in Indiana, Illinois, and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and is a member of the bars of the United States Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Indiana, the Supreme Court of Illinois, the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and federal district courts for the Northern District of Indiana, Southern District of Indiana, Northern District of Illinois, and Western District of Michigan. Mr. Gayed regularly teaches continuing legal education classes on various intellectual property-related topics.
Prior to joining Barrett in 2008, Mr. Gayed served as a law clerk for the Honorable William S. Duffey, Jr. in the federal district court for the Northern District of Georgia, and as an associate in Chicago-based intellectual-property boutique McAndrews, Held & Malloy. Mr. Gayed earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Notre Dame Law School in 2004. He holds undergraduate degrees in chemistry and political science from Wheaton College.
Mr. Gayed is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as “AV® PreeminentTM”*. He was featured as a “Rising Star” in 2014 by Indiana Super Lawyers® and was named one of the “Top Lawyers in Fort Wayne” by Fort Wayne Magazine in each of 2013 and 2014.
- Eli Lilly et. al. v. Mylan, Inc. et. al., 1:14-cv-389 (S.D. Ind.)
- Mullinix Packages, Inc. v. Anchor Packaging, Inc., 1:13-cv-316 (N.D. Ind.)
- Heim v. Madison National Life Ins. Co., 1:13-cv-130 (S.D. Ind.)
- Curves for Women of Angola v. Flying Cat, LLC, 983 N.E.2d 629 (Ind. Ct. App. 2013)
- An-Hung Yao v. State, 975 N.E.2d 1273 (Ind. 2012)
- Lineback ex. rel. N.L.R.B. v. Coupled Products, LLC, 1:12-cv-85 (N.D. Ind.)
- In re Fort Wayne Telsat, Inc., 665 F.3d 816 (7th Cir. 2011)
- Shawnee Construction and Engineering, Inc. v. Stanley, 926 N.E.2d 76 (Ind. Ct. App. 2011)
- Romary Assoc., Inc. v. Kibbi, LLC, 1:10-cv-376 (N.D. Ind.)
- Heavilin v. Madison National Life Ins. Co. et. al., 2:10-cv-505 (N.D. Ind.)
- Spectrum Health Hospitals v. Towne Air Freight, Inc. et. al., 1:10-cv-767 (W.D.Mi.)
- Sites, LLC v. University of Notre Dame, 50C01-0910-PL-48 (Marshall Circuit Court, Ind.)
- Panasuk v. Steel Dynamics, Inc., 1:09-cv-66 (N.D. Ind.)
- Elite Enterprises, Inc. v. Liberty Steel Prods., Inc., 1:08-cv-157 (N.D. Ind.)
- Synvasive Corp. v. Stryker Corp., CIV.S-05-1515 (E.D. Cal.)
* AV® Preeminent ™ is a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. The AV rating is a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.