Family Law Paralegal
Barrett McNagny LLP one of the oldest and largest law firms in northeast Indiana, is recruiting for a Family Law Paralegal. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working as a Paralegal and be accustomed to a fast-paced environment.
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updating the firm calendar to include all court appearances, deadlines, and reminders.
- Sending and receiving correspondence to/from judges, clients, and opposing counsel.
- E-Filing pleadings and motions electronically with the Court.
- Review all discovery and incoming documentation for files.
- Management of electronic files.
- Assisting in the preparation of legal documents such as legal arguments, motions, contracts, and agreements.
Candidates should have superior technical, proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills and be able to multi-task to meet deadlines. Strong organizational and communication skills are critical to the position, and individuals should be capable of working under pressure.
Maintaining effective communication with clients is a major role in this position. Family law often involves emotional and sensitive issues such as child custody, child support and division of assets. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication skills and be capable of handling clients who may be anxious, upset, or distressed, as well as being able to communicate with other professionals, such as bank personnel, healthcare providers, accountants, and financial officers.
For consideration, please email your resume to Personnel Director, Jennifer Reese. All inquiries are treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Barrett McNagny LLP
215 E. Berry Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802